For government employees, Federal grantees and government contractors, a government shut-down creates uncertainty. This session will address how a shut-down impacts your organization. The governing regulation is the Anti-Deficiency Act (ADA).
Course ID: ADA-100
What Happens When Government Shuts Down: Impact on Federal Employees, Grantees & Government Contractors
- Recognize how the shut-down impacts you or your organization
- Identify what will happen during a lapse of funding per the ADA.
- The Anti-Deficiency Act
- What happens during a lapse of funding when incurring new obligations, continued performance and federal disbursements
- Can a non-furloughed Federal employee perform other work?
- We will review the OMB guidance and the steps your organization may consider.
Who Should Attend
Federal employees, government contractors (personnel), public accountants that are involved with Governmental Audits; Consultants that need updated understanding of the ADA; Executive directors, COO, CFO; Director of grants or finance that have a significant amount of Federal awards, grant administrators, principal investigators (PI) and other program personnel charged with managing grants with nonprofits; hospitals; Institutes of higher education; state and local, tribal units of government; Federal personnel; even commercial firms engaged with Federal awards and contracts.
Fields of StudyAccounting (Governmental)