Tax compliance issues at death are sometimes confusing to practitioners because many lack experience in this area. This course provides you with a practical understanding of the issues involved in preparing the federal estate tax return, Form 706; the federal gift tax return, Form 709; and the decedent’s final federal income tax return, Form 1040.
Course ID: 706X
The Complete Guide to Preparing Forms 706 and 709
Recognize the components of Federal Forms 706 and 709.
- How to prepare a federal estate tax return (Form 706)
- How to prepare a federal gift tax return (Form 709)
- How to comply with “Portability”
- Issues involved in the preparation of the decedent’s final federal income tax return (Form 1040)
- Various postmortem estate planning issues involved in the preparation of the abovementioned tax returns
- Complete understanding of estate and gift taxation
Who Should AttendCPAs, EAs, and attorneys
Fields of StudyTaxes