Generational differences are increasingly causing conflict and frustration in many organizations. Focusing on the positive you will learn about generational differences and develop an appreciation for how valuable those differences can be. Some of the differences, from how an employee views a dress code or work hours to how work gets done and what a full day of work means, are creating discussion and dissension. In this program you will learn about the generational differences and develop an appreciation for how valuable those differences can be. You’ll identify the areas where differences are most evident and discover ways to deal with them. This includes giving and receiving feedback, managing performance expectations, and increasing organizational effectiveness, productivity and harmony. You will learn why each generation is the way that they are: It is the nurture side of Nature vs. nurture.
Course ID: ELD-SLG6
Successfully Leading 5.5 Generations
- Identify 5.5 generations in the workplace
- Understand what motivates each generations
- Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize how these have shaped the generations and created noticeable differences
- Identify behaviors causing conflicts focusing on strengths and positivity
- Adapt your leadership style to fit the situation
- Develop practical techniques for working with multiple generations
- *Focusing on Nature vs. Nurture: Why a generation is the way they are is a result of the nurture side of the equation
- How technology has played a part in shaping the youngest generations
- Communication styles in the workplace
- Identifying strengths and learning how to adapt your leadership style.
Who Should Attend
Leaders, managers, supervisors, administrators who work in a multi-generational environment.
Fields of StudyCommunications and Marketing
Experience in working with multiple generational teams