Learn the latest improper revenue recognition practices, as well as how to conduct an effective fraud interview with management and those charged with governance and non-accounting / non-management personnel, how to deal with possible management override of controls, and how to properly identify fraud risk factors. This session will also discuss the key requirements of AU-C 240 that are typically missed by auditors!
Course ID: SPSMFR
Strengthening Your Professional Skepticism and Managing Fraud Risk
The objective of this course is to provide both practical and insightful guidance on how external auditors can strengthen their professional skepticism and manage fraud risk in order to comply with Professional Standards.
- Techniques to Strengthen Your Professional Skepticism
- How to Conduct a Proper Fraud Risk Interview
- Improper Revenue Recognition Practices
- How to Address the Risk of Management Override of Controls
- Identifying Fraud Risk Factors
Who Should Attend
External auditors who perform audits of privately-held companies.
Fields of StudyAuditing
Experience in performing audits under AICPA Professional Standards