Sole proprietors make up the largest class of CPA firms. Yet, as a group, these single owners face difficult leadership issues, have limited support mechanisms and/or have, at best, ad-hoc support alternatives. Designed by leading CPA profession advisors and educators, this new and innovative program is designed to provide sole proprietors with the benefits shared by larger firms. As a group, you will tackle the issues directly facing sole proprietors. You will help determine the agenda by using a survey that will let the instructors know what is most important to you. The survey results from each firm will form the basis for your experience.
Course ID: SPRETRET
Sole Proprietor’s Retreat
- Tackle the issues facing sole proprietors
- Learn how to move your firm forward
- Enhance your personal and professional quality of life
- *The retreat will include in-depth discussion, analysis, tools and checklists on the following subjects:
- Financial Performance and Strategic Objectives: annual operating plan; goal setting; succession planning; retirement issues; increased regulatory complexity and work-Life balance
- Implementing Value Pricing: how to compete on value not price; fixed price agreements; change orders; 100 percent money back guarantee and the necessity of pricing before work begins
- Client Critical Success Factors: targeting; selection; grading; termination and retention
- Measuring What Matters: selecting key predictive indicators; KPIs that provide a competitive advantage; staffing issues including: attracting, rewarding and retaining
- Retreat Follow-up: The group will reconvene via teleconference to evaluate your progress towards your annual plan objectives and individual firm changes. This follow-up session will be held before the tax crunch — and is designed to help you implement your goals. If the attendees at the session prefer to meet again in person versus telephone, we will plan accordingly.
Who Should Attend
Any single owner of a CPA firm looking for an opportunity to move his or her firm forward and to enhance his or her personal and professional quality of life
Fields of StudyBusiness Management & Organization
CPA firm owner/partner