Organizations worldwide are facing a variety of challenges due to continued pandemic fallout, changing regulatory landscape, uncertain economy, cybersecurity risk, and more. There are a variety of nonaudit services that public accountants can provide to clients to assist them in satisfying a variety of objectives related to financial reporting, operations, compliance, and strategy. This course will provide highlights of a variety of common professional service options to help clients satisfy their needs.
Course ID: NONAUDIT
Nonaudit Services That Help Your Clients Face Today’s Challenges
- List nonaudit services that clients may find useful in today’s world, resulting from needs driven by the economic fallout from the pandemic, changing regulations, financing, third party comfort, and more.
- Describe the differing objective of various levels of nonaudit services, including readiness consulting, internal audit assistance, agreed-upon procedures, reviews, and examinations.
- Explain professional and technical standards available for successful performance of a wide variety of useful nonaudit services.
- General guidance for providing quality nonattest services, such as consulting, internal audit assistance, and other engagements that do not provide any form of assurance or conclusion.
- Agreed-Upon Procedures engagements under SSAE No. 19, and how they may be used to help with loan forgiveness requests and other contractual or regulatory filings.
- Assisting clients with preparing or evaluating subject matters other than historical financial statements, including prospective financial information.
- The value of Service Organization Control (SOC) engagements in evaluating an entity’s ability to manage financial reporting and cybersecurity risks, including SOC1, SOC2, and SOC3 reporting options.
- How the SSARSs and the SSAEs can be used to satisfy a client’s needs for third party comfort or other stakeholder interests.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in the resources available to public accountants for providing nonaudit services to clients.
Fields of StudyAuditing