The legislation has passed; Congress has drastically changed the Internal Revenue Code by enacting the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (the “Act”). Due to the Act, tax planning, and estate planning techniques and strategies will need to be changed. In this course, the participant will learn how the legislative changes will affect these planning areas. Special planning circumstances (for example, single parent issues) will be discussed within this context. This novel course is one that practitioners cannot afford to miss if they provide planning services to clients.
Course ID: PSNA
Navigating the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – Law and Planning Issues
- Recognize the major changes to the Internal Revenue Code created by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- List ideas as to how to create and/or update their client’s tax, financial and estate plans due because of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- *Review of proposed and/or actual legislation
- Examination of a client’s current plan
- Understanding the problems facing a client due to the changing legislation
- Understanding how to find new pathways for a client’s tax, financial, and estate plan
- Specific techniques based on the act
Who Should AttendCPAs, EAs, attorneys, financial planners, insurance agents, and bankers
Fields of StudyTaxes
Basic understanding of estate and financial planning fundamentals