What’s the conversation you’ve been avoiding? You know, that one. We can all find ourselves avoiding from time to time because difficult conversations are, well, difficult. Influenced by the work of the Harvard Negotiation Project and the book Difficult Conversations, this session provides a road map for having difficult conversations in a healthy way. Whether you need to begin a difficult conversation or you find yourself on the receiving end of, “We need to talk,” these principles will change the way you feel and the road map you follow for dealing with tough topics.
Course ID: MADC
Mastering Difficult Conversations
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the invisible components of every difficult conversation
- Engage in difficult conversations while avoiding defensive responses
- Separate the “what” from the “who”
- Uncover what makes difficult conversations so difficult as we pull back the curtain to unveil three hidden players
- Discover the choice you can make within each difficult conversation to remove your barriers to growth and learning
- Create a conversation that invites the other person in, instead of closing them out
Who Should Attend
Humans who work with humans
Fields of StudyPersonnel/Human Resources
Thanks for the Feedback is strongly preferred, but not required.