The course explores the challenges of the current economic trends and analyzes their impact on you as the financial executive in areas of human resource management; credit markets and banking; risk management and pandemic style disruptions; cash flow planning strategies; debt and equity mix impacts in uncertain markets; globalization of the market in times of uncertainty; retirement planning and social security funding; and acquiring distressed companies and assets. Specific recommendations and insights will be offered to you to deal with the challenges.
Course ID: KFEIF
Key Financial and Economic Issues Facing the Financial Executive
At the completion of the course, the student will:
- Determine how to take a strategic perspective relative to risk management and crisis management in an uncertain economic climate to include employee shortages, skill set shortages, and baby boomer retirements.
- Calculate the impact uncertainty and risk at the operational level relative to short and intermediate term decision making.
- Analyze the impact of the credit markets on your banking relationships and financial needs of the organization and the organization’s ability to raise capital.
- Identify the impact of federal, state and municipal deficits and unfunded mandates as it relates to tax planning in a post pandemic recovery or recession
- Determine the safety and soundness of your critical businesses processes in an uncertain environment.
- Distinguish how to influence growth through acquisition of distressed organizations during the next recession
- Select the economic way ahead for the CFO/Controller in 2022 and beyond.
- Understanding the current economic issues for the CFO/Controller to include:
- Strategic, operational planning and risk management
- Managing the finances of the organization during periods of rapid changes
- Managing risk in an uncertain economic climate
Fields of StudyEconomics
Experience as a Financial Executive or desire to become one.