There are multiple tangible and intangible factors that can drive a CPA Firm’s long-term success. Specifically, public accountants must place a priority on being both efficient and value-added business advisors when performing audit and other services. This course provides proven tips and techniques for ensuring your firm has the capacity to grow and expand your “business” from within in a healthy way, considering how to improve in three key areas: financial success, satisfaction of people, and outstanding client service.
Course ID: GRWB
Grow Your Business from Within – Striking the Right Balance Between a CPA Firm’s Financial, People, and Client Success
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe how to anticipate and prevent issues that could negatively impact your firm’s ability to be successful financially, satisfy your most important asset – your people, and excel at client service.
- Explain the importance of making value-added business advice to clients a priority for both financial and nonfinancial reasons.
- Discuss what differentiates your firm and its services from the competition, in order to be successful for the long-term in retaining people and clients.
- How to become a value-added business advisor to successfully grow the firm from within
- Best practices for leveraging engagement team discussions to better understand the entity and its environment, identify risk of material misstatement, and provide value-added business advice in audit and other attest services
- Critical traits of a thinking auditor, tips for stretching yourself beyond the basics
- Tips for value pricing and other ways to improve a CPA firm’s financial success
- Managing change and promoting creative thinking
- Choosing between varying levels of client service
- Helping clients from the client’s perspective, including better managing enterprise-wide risk
- How to better connect with existing and prospective clients in order to build value perceptions an differentiate your firm from the competition
- Demonstrating traits clients crave
- Maximizing financial analysis to help clients interpret financial results
- Tips for better coaching, mentoring, and motivating your people to reduce turnover and improve satisfaction
Who Should Attend
Supervisors and above in public accounting who wish to learn how to leverage the time spent to become a value-added business advisor, which will improve profits, people satisfaction, and client retention.
Fields of StudyAuditing
Experience in audit and non-audit engagements