Getting Up to Speed with Modern Excel and Excel 365
Excel is the #1 tool used by many business professionals, yet most professionals aren’t aware of and don’t take advantage of Excel’s features and functionality introduced over the last 10 years. Excel 365 is Microsoft’s subscription plan offering for Excel and is a must have tool for the business professional. If you are new to Excel 365, or are considering an upgrade, this course is for you!
You will learn about Excel’s Power tools – available on any Excel version – and the new functionality only available (mostly) in Excel 365. Dynamic Arrays, XLOOKUP, LET and LAMBDA, etc functions, and the new Data Types capabilities are game changing – so you do not want to let your knowledge fall behind!
1. Understand the term “modern” Excel and how it is different from “legacy” Excel
2. Understand the Excel power tools and new formula languages and how they enable us to work much more effectively
3. Understand and take advantage of the new Dynamic Array features and the new functions available in Excel 365
4. Take advantage of Excel’s Data Types functionality to elevate your skills
– Excel’s power tools – PowerQuery, PowerPivot and working with the Data Model to build relationships between tables and analyze millions of records right in Excel
– Understand and learn to apply Excel’s key Dynamic Array functions – UNIQUE, SORT, FILTER, RANDARRAY, SEQUENCE, etc
– Learn and apply the new XLOOKUP function, which replaces the legacy versions of VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP with a more robust function
– Learn about Excel Data Types, including Stock Data Types, along with developing Custom Data Types for your organization
Who Should Attend
Accounting and finance professionals, and leaders in the finance organization that are interested in better understanding the capabilities in Excel 365 and increasing their Excel knowledge to add more value to their organizations
Fields of Study
Computer Software & Applications
Regular Excel user. Some examples and formulas / functions covered are more advanced in nature. Access to Excel 365 (part of the MS 365 Subscription plan) would be helpful, but is not required.
This course is currently available for registration
Business Learning Institute
This course is available for your group as:
To learn more or customize this course for your group, complete this form and a BLI team member will get back with you shortly.