Technical expertise is a necessary requirement for professional development, particularly because it contributes to building your base of credibility. Beyond a certain point in your career, however, managing relationships and strategic thinking become more critical. Even in high level individual contributor roles, selling ideas and influencing others, the heart of leadership, are the competencies that define long-term career growth.
Course ID: BROADEN
From Technical Expert to Financial Leader: How to Manage and Broaden Your Career
- Describe a blueprint for the roles, responsibilities, skills and competencies needed for success in leadership positions
- Assess your current level of competency against leadership standards.
- Develop a plan to improve your leadership effectiveness.
- Four leadership roles needed for organizational success
- How to increase visibility and credibility in the organization
- Building a base of power
- Effective influence and persuasion techniques
- Developing relationship management strategies
- Managing across and up in the organization
- Creating a professional development plan
Who Should Attend
First-time managers * Individual contributors moving into management / leadership positions * Project managers with cross-functional responsibilities * Managers and directors in “player-coach” roles * Newly promoted managers with little or no formalized leadership training * Controllers aspiring to CFO positions
Fields of StudyPersonal Development