Nonprofit entities and governmental entities have a high degree of public accountability. This course will examine the most common fraud schemes and provide multiple examples of how to prevent or detect these schemes.
Course ID: FRNGE
Fraud in Nonprofit and Governmental Entities
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss real-world frauds occurring in not-for-profit entities and government
- Describe useful fraud prevention tools
- Explain how real-world frauds were detected
- Common fraud schemes in nonprofit and government entities including cash misappropriation; payroll fraud; vendor fraud; falsified billings; improper use of credit cards or purchase cards; the redirection of cash and non-cash contributions; personal use of assets; the redirection of grant benefits; other grant related fraud; travel and expense reporting fraud; and much more!
- Best practices for fraud prevention and detection
Who Should Attend
Auditors of not-for-profit entities and governments and industry professionals interested in preventing and detecting fraud
Fields of StudyAccounting (Governmental)
Basic knowledge of the not-for-profit and government environment