Getting ethics right is a big deal, and ethics often requires courage. An organization’s ethics is directly connected to its reputation in the community, and solid ethical principles are crucial for the long-term success of any organization. This facilitated discussion goes beyond a lecture on ethical principles – it is a series of executive level case studies that offer participants “real time” practice in resolving dilemmas, with participants sharpening their critical thinking skills.
Course ID: EDC
Ethics with a Dash of Courage
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Calculate the Value (ROI) of a Courageous Culture.
• Determine and communicate organizational values
• Apply Critical Thinking and Ethics under social pressures.
• Analyze Ethical Dilemmas using structured thinking tools.
• Differentiate logic, emotions and courage while making difficult decisions.
• Determine how to balance the roles of Compliance Officer / Ethics Mentor
• Choose an action plan for personal and organizational courage
1. The Value of a Courageous Culture and courageous decision-making models
2. Challenges to creating a culture of courage
3. Communicating your courageous culture
4. How/When to speak up? Career-ending vs teachable moment?
5. Supporting courageous decisions
6. Communicating courage
7. The Journey to Leading with Courage – Building a personal action plan
Who Should Attend
- Staff at all levels
- Supervisors and Managers
- Leaders and emerging leaders
Fields of StudyAccounting, Behavioral Ethics
Experience in an organization at any level.