This course is for CPAs working in private industry with an update of their ethical responsibilities under AICPA and state-based regulations. The course focuses on the dual role of the CPA who is both an employee and an officer of the organization, and who also plays a role in the company’s financial reporting. Cases and examples will be used extensively as a basis for discussing the issues involved. (Also available in an 8-hour format)
Course ID: EUBI
Ethics Update for CPAs in Business
- Identify the AICPA ethics requirements for practitioners in industry
- Recognize the current regulatory environment for public and non-public companies – How do they compare?
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Ask themselves if individuals are ethical and are accountants supposed to be different?
- Distinguish bias versus professional skepticism in accounting judgments
- Gain insights into if there are inter-generational differences in ethics?
- Discover threats and implement a safeguards approach to resolving ethical dilemmas
- Know AICPA’s restructuring of the Ethics Code
- Identify confidential information and conflicts of interest – Recent guidance
- Receive a fast-paced overview of ethics standards promulgated by the AICPA and State Societies as they apply to CPAs working in the business world
- Examine the connections between ethics principles, formal rules, and the profession’s public responsibility
- Understand the ethical dimensions of the responsibilities CPAs have when preparing financial statements
- Become aware of AICPA’s ethics guidelines for resolving issues affecting the CPAs working in the business world
- Receive up-to-the-minute coverage of evolving issues and recent revisions to the Ethics Code
Who Should AttendAccountants in industry who prepare financial statements or are involved in the finance function and need an overview of the ethical requirements that govern their working relationships and the discharge of their public responsibilities
Fields of StudyRegulatory Ethics
Prior learning or experience in management accounting