While ethics training is required by many states, the true value of the CPA license is in understanding how critically important ethical behavior is to one another, our customers, our firms, and the public. This course will explore the basic tenets of ethical behavior and use case studies to explore ethical dilemmas in various companies and organizations with a focus on dilemmas that may face CPAs in industry.
Course ID: EFIA
Ethics for the Industry Accountant
- Recognize critical thinking errors as they relate to ethical dilemmas
- Recall the professional code of ethics and conduct
- Upon conclusion of this course, particiipants will be able to:
- Identify the new AICPA Ethics Codification
- Recognize the impact of ethical and unethical conduct on our profession
- Identify the common types of fraud in business and red flags of fraud
The course will examine, using real disciplinary cases, what went wrong with the behavior of others in our profession. We will provide our standard of conduct and then apply those standards to the real world.
Who Should Attend
CPAs in industry
Fields of StudyRegulatory Ethics