This course is intended to create a foundation of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace, accounting profession and community, and begin the exploration of the impact of ethics and preconceived bias.
Course ID: DEIEth
Ethical Considerations in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Foundations for Our Profession
- Explain the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Summarize the differences between diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Evaluate one’s own biases and how they impact decision-making.
- Apply the lenses of unconscious bias when using the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Apply the concepts of diversity, equity and inclusion to everyday dilemmas.
- Develop new perspectives on diversity, equity and inclusion in applying critical thinking.
- Illustrate ways to better promote diversity, equity and inclusion as part of an organization’s ethics-based culture.
- Difference and defitionions of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ethical obligations
- Bias overview and explanation
- Everyday dilemmas and ways to navitage the pitfalls
- Promoting and undertaking DEI initiatives in your organization
Who Should Attend
Fields of StudyRegulatory Ethics