Unethical behavior can quickly ruin a business or a professional career. Fines, penalties, litigation, loss of licensure, and other negative consequences can emerge from lack of ethics. This course will focus on how anyone involved in accounting, financial reporting, or public accounting can ensure that ethical principles are consistently followed.
Course ID: CETHICS
Ethical Considerations for Canadian Accountants
- Describe important principles that lay the foundation for ethical behavior.
- List ethical dilemmas faced on a daily basis in Canada and how they can be appropriately resolved.
- Explain how to identify and respond to ethical risks that would be inconsistent with professional conduct as required by the International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants
- The foundational principles of ethical behavior.
- Ethical challenges faced by accounting, financial reporting, and public accounting professionals in Canada.
- Real-life examples of how to ensure ethical dilemmas are resolved in a professional manner consistent with the International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who must comply with the International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants or is involved in accounting or financial reporting.
Fields of StudyBehavioral Ethics