Many financial professionals do not communicate effectively. They overwhelm their audiences with complex content, leaving them confused. The ability to connect with an audience is vital to the success of both the practitioner and the organization. It requires an appropriate blend of humor and professional delivery with cognitive scientific techniques and data-rich content. In this program, audiences will learn techniques for live and virtual presentations from an FP&A practitioner, Second City- and Improv Olympic-trained performer, and award-winning speaker.
Delivering Effective Live and Virtual Financial Presentation
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Establish rapport quickly and maintain credibility
- Implement subtle and not-so-subtle ways to captivate audiences and inspire them to act
- Utilize a variety of communication techniques to help better create engaging presentations, stay focused, and have a lasting impact on audiences.
- Recall immediately the names of large groups of audience members
- Connecting with financial and non-financial audiences
- Structuring data-driven presentations
- Establishing trust and maintaining credibility
- Engaging financial audiences
- Dynamics for Live In-Person and Virtual Presentations
- Financial storytelling as a presentation technique
- Displaying visuals during presentations
- Going off-script and managing interruptions
- Involving decks and reports in financial presentations
Who Should Attend
Financial professionals and non-financial professionals responsible for data-driven, technical and financial presentations and communication
Fields of StudyCommunications and Marketing
Participants should possess a general understanding of business concepts.