In addition to traditional issues faced by a business owner regarding the operation of his or her business, business ownership creates complexities in the tax, estate, and financial planning arenas. By focusing on the development of many unique business planning tools, this course explores the entrance and exit strategies available to business owners.
Course ID: CSBS
Creative Strategies for Buying, Selling, or Gifting a Business
Compare several options in the strategic area of buying, selling, and gifting business interests.
- Valuation methods
- Stock purchase versus asset purchase issues
- Estate transfer and tax issues
- Gifting of business interests
- Transfer of business interests to split-interest trusts and grantor retained trusts
- S corporation stock transfer to trusts
- Family limited partnerships
- Self-canceling installment notes
- Transferring a business interest with an ESOP
Who Should AttendCPAs, EAs, financial planners, attorneys
Fields of StudyTaxes
Basic understanding of estate planning