This course focuses on explaining the theory behind major issues and trends, enabling professionals to understand the most important aspects of relevant professional standards related to audit and other attest services.
Course ID: AATU2021
Audit and Attest Update – Recent Changes to SSARSs, SASs, SSAEs, and Avoiding Peer Review Deficiencies
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
• Describe “hot topics” in the audit and attestation profession, including the new SASs
• Explain how to manage peer review risk associated with audit and nonaudit services
• Discuss practical examples of implementing changing professional and relevant regulatory requirements
• Recent revisions to generally accepted auditing standards, including PCAOB audit and reporting requirements
• Frequently asked questions related to SSARSs financial statement preparation, compilation and review engagements
• When to apply the latest attestation standards contained in SSAEs
• Common peer review deficiencies
• Other matters that should be on your radar
Who Should Attend
Public accountants and industry accountants that desire to understand how to mitigate the risks that public accountants face.