Is your finance department seen as a cost-center? Are you under-utilized and under-appreciated? You can change that paradigm. You can transform into a value-added, highly sought-after partner in your organization. The traditional cost center is focused on the past, preparing historical financial statement and budget-to-actual analysis. The value-adding finance department is focused on the future, helping to guide strategy, protect against risk, implementing change effectively, and becoming a trusted organizational adviser.
Course ID: CL4ACCS
Advanced Financial Skills
• Identify the critical skills that today’s finance professionals need to add value to their team, other departments, and the company.
• Apply the Backcasting method of strategic planning to help plan your organization’s desired future.
• Determine how to apply the Balanced Scorecard to your organization’s strategy to track progress towards and achieve success faster.
• Formulate a risk assessment to protect your organization’s success and minimize the chances of failure.
• Recall different social styles for engagement, impact, and influence.
• Determine how to plan for, implement and manage change.
• Choose techniques to motivate and elevate your team.
• Use an insightful financial analysis to maintain what is working and make organizational improvements.
• Skills for the 21st century finance department
• Strategic planning using the Backcasting method
• The Balanced Scorecard Method for aligning goals and objectives to strategy
• Risk identification, assessment, and mitigation
• How to use social styles to build stronger relationships
• Methods for effectively implementing change and minimizing the human pushback
• Preparing a financial analysis that is insightful to the users, driving improvements to the organization
• Hiring, managing, and retaining high-achieving employees
Who Should Attend
Finance professionals who want to develop the skills to transform the perception and elevate the impact of the finance department on the organization
Fields of StudyBusiness Management & Organization
Experience in financial management