This course will provide an introduction to current and forthcoming accounting issues for accountants in industry and the CPAs who serve them. You may select approximately six modules, each of which will have 1.5 CPE hours devoted to them. The focus will be on issues most relevant to CPAs who work with or for small-to-medium sized clients. Extensive examples and real life illustrations will be used. Materials are continually updated in the light of new standards and developments.
Course ID: AA6PACK
Accounting Six Pack: You Get to Choose
- Select the topics to be covered in this seminar based on your interests
- Obtain a broad-based understanding of a wide range of accounting issues today day and in the coming 12 months
- Understand how SEC, AcSEC, EITF, ASB, and IASB are adapting to demands for different, more timely, and accurate financial information
- Select up to six (6) modules:
- 1. FASB Overview – Where are they headed?
- 2. Revenue Recognition – Where are we headed?
- 3. Lease Accounting – Where are we headed?
- 4. Financial Instrument Accounting – Where are we headed?
- 5. Contingencies, Going Concern & Subsequent Events
- 6. Private Company Reporting Update
- 7. Cash Flow Reporting
- 8. Business Combination Accounting – More changes ahead?
- 9. A Practical Guide to Impairment
- 10. Fair Value Accounting: SFAS 157 and its ongoing impact
- 11. Principles-Based Accounting
- 12. Related Parties and Fraud – Update
- 13. Internal Control Update – Impact of COSO revisions
- 14. Cybersecurity: Accounting & Audit consequences
- 15. SSARS 21: What’s new in Compilation & Review
- 16. Auditing Standards Board Update
Who Should AttendCPAs in industry who prepare and analyze financial reports. CPAs in practice with who need an overview of current accounting standards will also find the course to be beneficial
Fields of StudyAuditing
Familiarity with financial reports and/or accounting standards