Select up to 8 topics from the following list to create an 8-hour CPE credit course:
* The Executive Summary A&A Update – Highlights of the Most Critical Current Issues and Changes (THAA) #61.
* Accounting and Financial Reporting Issues that Your Auditors Will Most Likely Focus on During Your Next Audit (IAFO) #58.
* Private Company FASB GAAP Alternatives – When and Why Should Companies Adopt the Simplifications? (PCGP) #59.
* New Required Going Concern Disclosure – Evaluating the Impact on Preparing Financial Statements, Compilations, Reviews and Audits (RGCD) #57.
* Long-Term Debt – Case Studies in Issues Impacting Classification, Disclosure and Debt Covenant Compliance (LTDT) #55.
* Leases Before and After New U.S. GAAP – Case Studies on the Impact of Applying Changes in Lease Accounting and Financial Reporting (LEAS) #54.
* Revenue Recognition Before and After New U.S. GAAP – Case Studies on the Impact of Applying Changes in Accounting and Reporting (REVR) #56.
* The Four Basic Food Groups of Audits – Satisfying Your Audit Risk Appetite (FBFG) #29.
* Critical Traits of a Thinking Auditor – Tips for Stretching Yourself Beyond the Audit Basics (CTTA) #28.
* Professional Skepticism – Case Studies in Identifying Material Fraud and Error (PSFE) #44.
* Leveraging Analytical Procedures to the Fullest on Audits – Case Studies in Strengthening Analytic Evidence (LAPA) #32.
* The Most Common Analytics Used to Interpret Financial Statement Results (MCAP) #33.
* Evaluating the Propriety of Estimates and Other Areas of Subjectivity (AEST) #27.
* Strengthening Inquiry Skills – Tips for Gathering the Information You Need on Audits (INQS) #31.
* Avoiding Common Sampling Mistakes on Financial Statement and Compliance Audits (SAMP) #35.
* Who is Exactly Responsible for What on Group Financial Statement Audits? – Complying with Group Audit Requirements (GRPA) #30.
* Modifying Financial Statement Audit Reports – Case Studies for Altering Standard Report Language (MFAR) #34.
Internal Controls and Fraud Topics
* Critical Internal Control Concepts for Managing Financial Reporting Risk Under COSO’s Internal Control – Integrated Framework (2013) (CICC) #41.
* Essential Governance – Best Practices for Overseeing Enterprise-Wide Risk Management (EGBP) #40.
* SAS 130 – Performing an Effective and Efficient Integrated Audit of Internal Controls and Financial Statements (S130) #42.
* Current Fraud Trends in Today’s Environment – Shifting Risks and Changing Fraud Schemes (FRDT) #43.
Governmental and Nonprofit Topics
* Current Issues in Yellow Book and Single Audit Engagements (YBSA) #62.
* Looming Changes in Nonprofit Financial Reporting (NFPR) #63.
Nonaudit and Nonattest Services
* Third Party Verification (Comfort) Requests – What are Options for Responding and How to Determine Which Professional Standards to Apply? (TPVR) #53.
* Frequently Asked Questions in Applying SSARS 21 (FAQS) #51.
* Avoiding Peer Review Deficiencies in SSARS, SAS and SSAE Engagements (APRD) #50.
* Mitigating Malpractice Risk When Performing Nonaudit Services for Clients (MMRN) #52.
Managing the Audit Relationship
* Thinking Like an Auditor When Preparing Your Financial Statements (TLAA) #38.
* How to Evaluate Whether You (the Client) Are Getting the Most for Your Audit Dollars (VALU) #39.
* Explaining the Financial Statement Audit Process to the Nonauditor (APNA) #36.
* How Internal Auditors Can Be Leveraged in External Audits (IAEA) #37.
Management and Personal Development
* Make it Happen! – A Disciplined Approach to Getting Things Done (MIHD) #48.
* Adjusting to Varying Personality Styles for Improved Communication and Performance (PERS) #49.
* Coaching the Next Generation of CPA’s – Tips for Developing Millennials (CNGC) #46.
* Striking the Right Balance Between Leadership and Management – Adapting Your Behaviors to Succeed at Short- and Long-Term Objectives (BLMB) #45.